Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gabrielle Union


By now we know that when Rihanna releases a video it’s going to get people talking.
But we had no idea the pop star’s latest video for her single “Man Down” would produce the response it did from Bad Boys 2 star Gabrielle Union.
The music video, as you’ve probably heard, features a scene in which Rihanna takes revenge on her rapist by shooting him on a crowded street. But what you may not have heard is that Union once found herself in a similar position. While the actress has talked about the rape she suffered as a 19-year-old, she hadn’t fully opened up about it until recently.
After a fan asked her what she thought of the video, Union tweeted a response: “Saw 'Man Down' by @rihanna. Every victim/survivor of rape is unique, including how they THINK they'd like justice 2 be handed out.” And then she added a shocking detail: “During my rape I tried 2 shoot my rapist, bt I missed. Over the yrs I realized tht killin my rapist would've added insult 2 injury. The DESIRE 2 kill someone whose abused/raped u is understandable, bt unless its self defence n the moment 2 save ur life, just ADDS 2 ur troubles.”
Union went on to reveal more.

“Stranger who robbed the store I worked at,’ she said, identifying her rapist. “He put his gun dwn durin the rape &asked me 2 [hand] it 2 him.”
The actress, who has been an advocate for rape crisis centers, has since praised the video:  “Mandown video did a GREAT job of getting the ENTIRE world TALKING abt RAPE,” she tweeted. “I hope that it leads 2 HEALING & PREVENTS RAPE.”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar