Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Vodcast: Best of 2009 So Far

I hadn't seen the same movies as Katey this week so instead of reviewing a movie, we're both listing our top five of January through May. The requirement was that the films already had opened. Otherwise my list would have included Prodigal Sons (discussed here) and maybe (500) Days of Summer (discussed here).



The 2009 film I'm most worried about having missed at this point is the well reviewed Sin Nombre (trailer) so I'll be seeking that out. Obviously our rankings are subject to change, given the "sticky" factor (you never know which films will refuse to leave your mind until a month or three later) and the comparative factor (does upcoming film B suddenly reveal cracks in similar earlier film A?). It's been a good year thus far but I still doubt we've seen many of our Oscar competitors even if we have most definitely seen two or three future film experience nominees.

P.S. If you're looking for a Tuesday Top Ten the series will relaunch properly soon. My favs (disregarding release schedules) thus far in descending order go like so: Prodigal Sons, Hunger, Coraline, Up, Julia, (500) Days of Summer, Duplicity, Star Trek, Anvil: The Story of Anvil and... uh... three way tie for 10th -- it's early don't make me decide -- between Moon, Chéri and That Evening Sun.
*

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar