Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No Place Like NEW ZEALAND




Part: I "FLYING HIGH"

I recently returned from a fabulous trip to Auckland, New Zealand. 
I went to visit my favorite fashion designer, Trelise Cooper, to participate in her sensational three day "Theatre of Fashion" event. 

I really did not know what to expect, traveling to New Zealand, that is. All I really knew was that it was far away… and near Australia.
 I'd been so busy I really didn't have much time to think about where I was actually going and what to expect.


Auckland Harbor, New Zealand

Over the next few weeks I'm going to share some of my wonderful experiences with you.
I'm going to do so because it was such a SURPRISE!
A delightful, magnificent and incredible surprise.
If you're looking for the perfect vacation - a sort of utopia- well pack your bags and go to Auckland, New Zealand now.
I simply couldn't believe how fabulous it was! 

I'll start by telling you about the trip there via Air New Zealand.


Boeing 787-9 Deramliner , Air New Zealand
Photo: Air New Zealand

Like I said, I knew New Zealand was quite far away… so for me I was thinking about the plane ride over.


Not so good selfie aboard Air New Zealand.

I flew on Air New Zealand and though it was 13 hours air time… it really went by quite fast.
The staff on Air New Zealand were all kind, attentive and obliging.



They really have this journey down pat and do everything to attend to their customers needs knowing it's a rather long flight.
I was fortunate enough to fly in business class from San Francisco and well, the service was indeed supreme.
The moment you take your place on board you're greeted with a glass of sparkling champagne.
 From there, it only got better.



Another really neat thing was the entire layout. Each passenger has their own little "module".


The interior of the stretch version of Air New Zealand's new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
Photo: Air New Zealand

Interior views of business class seats in the Air New Zealand Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner 
Photo: JORDAN STEAD, SEATTLEPI.COM


You are completely contained within and your seat converts into a bed.
Plenty of pillows and blankets provided.

Interior views of business class seating and beds in the Air New Zealand Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner 
Photo: JORDAN STEAD, SEATTLEPI.COM

 Once you are snuggled in your cubby/seat/bed, there is an array of amenities to keep you happy.
A television, with anything you want to watch really. Video games, chargers, slipper socks, compartments, fold out table, and the cubby itself gives perfect privacy.


Media center in Air New Zealand's Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner 
Photo: JORDAN STEAD, SEATTLEPI.COM

Remote for media centers,  Air New Zealand's Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner 
 Photo: JORDAN STEAD, SEATTLEPI.COM

The food was delicious with the menu created by famous chef Peter Gordon.

 It was not only very interesting, it was comfortable - really perfect.
I fell asleep and awoke to a New Zealand paradise.
More to come.



My view from plane as we approach landing strip.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar