Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Squeaky clean brushes using Becca Professional Make-up Brush Soap!


I heard nothing but good reviews about the Becca Professional Make-up Brush Soap, and I must say after purchasing and trying it a few times, it's well deserved.  Previously I had been using the Mac brush cleanser that comes in the plastic bottle, which was AU$20 (for 233 ml / 7.9 fl oz).  I also cheated a little and used this Italian olive-oil based laundry soap once or twice, which worked really well, but given I had no real ingredients list that came with it (I got it for AU$6 from memory)...I was worried it was probably too harsh for my expensive natural bristled brushes.  Especially since it was made for washing laundry (a pretty good one at that though)!  But, I'm not here to review laundry soap!  I'm here to talk about this awesome soap made especially for makeup brushes with both synthetic and natural bristles.  For AU$18, this is quite a great buy compared to the Mac brush cleanser, which to be honest, I could never tell how well it cleaned my brushes as there was no lathering, and I always ended up using quite a lot of the liquid cleanser.  Not to mention, it always dribbled (hence, wasted) a bit more down the side of the bottle each time I used it.  Quite messy.  Grrr.

With the Becca Brush Soap, I simply swirl the brush bristles on the soap until it works up a nice lather, then swirl it in the palm of my hand to work the brush in and remove make-up, rinse under warm running water until the water from the brush runs clear.  Occasionally, for very dirty brushes (like foundation brushes), I repeat the process, but most often I only need to do this once.  I squeeze the excess water from the bristles, pat dry with a towel, and leave laying flat on a table with the brush bristles hanging off the edge to dry naturally.  It's very quick,  efficient and effective way to clean my brushes, and I can tell it's clean!

It'd be interesting to know how long this soap will last me...although I do have lots of brushes!  I think it will last a reasonable period.  It would be nice to have a larger size coz I love it so much. ;-)


Packaging
The soap is housed in a vintage-style shaving tin, which I love!  It's so cute!  Love!!!  It's also far more convenient to travel with as it's fairly small and light compared to a bottle of cleansing liquid which is heavier and could potentially spill everywhere!  After using the soap, I usually rinse off any make-up residue left on the soap and then leave it out to dry before putting it back in its tin to store until next usage.


Soap description, instructions for use and ingredients (please click on the image to enlarge).
Size
40 g / 1.41 oz
Size of the soap and tin compared to my hand.
Size of the soap compared to a Mac 109 Brush head.
Price
AU$18.  I purchased this from the official Becca Cosmetics website (click here).

Scent
The scent smells very similar if not identical to the bottle of Jurlique Lemon-Lime Hydrating Essence!  Very nice, fresh, clean citrus scent!

Overall
Love this!  Highly recommended. ^_^

Btw, does anyone else find washing make-up brushes as therapeutic and calming as I do?  It seems sad, but I would say it's one of my favourite things to do during the week *blush* - I guess coz I love some of my brushes so much too...but, I haven't named them yet. ;-)  Perhaps I should. hehe...

Anyone keen to try or have tried this product?  If so, what do you think of it? 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar